Re: [Autoresponder] Away

  • To: <harveyt@prodigy.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Autoresponder] Away
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:41:56 +0100
Good question. I wondered about that myself some years ago.

It is in principle possible to do if you have the necessary software, but
the common way is to do it at server level. The mail daemon which receives
my mail has been set to reply to all senders with an appropriate message. I
think this can be dangerous if you are frequently exposed to spam though.