Re: [wp-hackers] pages, excerpts, categories

Quoting Tara Star <tellme@climbtothestars.org>:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > Quoting Tara Star <tellme@climbtothestars.org>:
> >

> >>Is there anybody else but me who would like to be able to specify
> >>excerpts and categories for Pages? Would this be a worthwhile plugin?
> >>
> >>Steph
> >

> > Perhaps I'm lost here, but isn't it already a built-in basic functionality?
>
> Well, I've got advanced controls on, but whether I write or edit a page,
> I can't type in the excerpt or choose categories. The db structure
> allows it, of course.
>
> Or maybe this has been added to the form since I last upgraded? I have
> an end-of-jan nightly.

Steph,

I am using version 1.2. Under the simple mode I get the 'categories' tickbox
group. Under advanced mode I get both 'categories' and 'excerpt'. Maybe you
should back-up the relevant php file under ~/wp-admin, get an older one from
wp.org, overwrite the existing file and hope that nothing breaks.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com