Re: [wp-hackers] WP as FAQ/ Knowledge Base System

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] WP as FAQ/ Knowledge Base System
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:42:56 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:43:00 +0100
Quoting Frank Naude:

Would it be possible to hack WP into a FAQ/ Knowledge Base system, or are
there better products to use? This is what I would like to achieve:

First page must show a Yahoo-directory of category links. Drilling down must
show a Yahoo-directory of subcategories, and a listing of posts in that
category.

Posts and categories should be listed in logical order - 'book-style'. I guess
this can only be achieved by entering a "sort key" to control Category/ Post
display order.

Any ideas/ pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards.

Frank

You can manipulate WordPress to do anything you like, though the amount of coding and tailoring involved will vary.

PHP-Nuke has a FAQ module and it its recent versions also contain the
encyclopaedia module which you can use as a knowledgebase.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - apologies for an answer that is not entirely WordPress-friendly, but I am
trying to be helpful based on /personal/ experience. I am sure somebody else
knows the plug-ins you can use to make WordPress suitable for the task as well.
Alex King has used WordPress as a CMS several times in the past and wrote about
it. It's worth pursuing his notes on the topic.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com