Re: Back Links not Listed in Google

  • To: r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Back Links not Listed in Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:42:00 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:42:02 +0100
_____/ On Sun 28 Aug 2005 15:13:53 BST, you wrote : \_____

Hi Roy,

Many thanks for your early reply.

> I'm having a very strange problem with one of my own sites.  I'm getting
> back links listed on all other search engines except Google.

Google increments the number of backlinks, some of which (usually most of which) it will not display to you. backlinks search gives you just a selected sample, so do not be apprehensive.

Yes, you're absolutely right there, but this site has been on line for a good year, is a member of a few link exchange programmes, etc, but does not get so much as 1 back link on Google.

Some of my most prominent IBL's never got listed. Only cr*ppy ones did.

This should not happen, but perhaps you have sites linking to both
addresses. Also, assuming you have not checked this over a long period of
time, datacentres might be unaligned.

Well, when I look up links on link:SITE ADDRESS" it is showing back links for the default in apache conf.

I run a links analysis about once a week, as well as a rankings report.

Below are some of my favourite tools. They may help you find problems associated
with your site.

http://www.yourcache.com/
http://www.mcdar.net/Q-Check/datatool.asp
http://uptime.netcraft.com/
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

Jenny

SITE ADDRESS

By the way, your site does not get rendered properly in Firefox/Linux. Most
notably, the menu on top is invisible.

Please feel free to E-mail me or, even better, post to the group if you have
further problem. alt.internet.search-engines is the most relevant and also
lively group.

August is not to best time to get answers in the groups because several readers
are on vacation. More importantly, by not providing the group with the URL, it
is hard to be helpful and many readers lose interest.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com