Re: [wp-hackers] get_the_time(), get_post_time()

Quoting Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress@txfx.net>:

jeff@jrm.cc wrote:

Michael D.Adams wrote:

Is there some utility that I'm missing here?

It is most likely a deprecated function from 1.2 or previous. Useful so that old themes will still work.

It might be good for there to be some official word on what functions/methods are meant to be depreciated. Without that, people will continue to use them, and they will never actually be depreciated. Maybe eventually we can move some of the depreciated functions to depreciated-functions.php and have its include commented out by default.

An even better tactic would be to display a graceful warning message. By
commenting out /includes/ you are most likely to confuse people and waste their
time on debugging.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com