[css-d] Firefox Renders What it Shouldn't

I have been struggling to resolve this for quite some time... I have an image
link whose styles have been defined to use no link background colour. However,
in Firefox 1.0 (Linux) there is a thin 1 pixel line appearing when (and after)
the image is hovered. That line appears to the left of the top banner which
reads "SCHESTOWITZ.COM". Unfortunately this problem affects the main page,
namely:

http://schestowitz.com/

The problem is non-existent in Internet Explorer. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,