Re: [css-d] Help with css drop down menu alignment

  • To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
  • Subject: Re: [css-d] Help with css drop down menu alignment
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:19:08 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:19:09 +0100
Quoting Chris Eldridge <Chris@industrialconsulting.co.uk>:

I have created a drop down menu system ala suckerfish which works fine.

www.changover.info

The problem is small but driving me made.

The dropdown toplevel items created from an unordered list are of a fixed width, which is important to the design.

The text in the top level items is of different lengths and so some wrap round which is what I want it to do. This causes a problem as can be seen as the items are out of alignment horizontally.

I can't figure out how to make all of the top level menus align to the bottom rather than the top which would solve my problem. I've tried align-vertical in different places but with no success. I'm sure this must have been solved by someone else somewhere but can't find any solutions.

Please help

Chris Eldridge

Okay, I see where the typo was:

http://www.changeover.info/

A trick you can use is force all links in the navbox to spill over to a second
line. This of course will not be most graceful. Alternatively, you can change
the font size or assume a higher screen resolution and extend the bar. You can
also rename the menu entries so that they become more succinct.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com