Re: [Rssowl-users] Synchronize two installations of RSSOwl

  • To: rssowl-users@lists.sourceforge.net
  • Subject: Re: [Rssowl-users] Synchronize two installations of RSSOwl
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 00:47:43 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2005 00:47:47 +0100
Quoting Jeroen Budts <jeroen@lightyear.be>:

Is it somehow possible to synchronize two installations of RSSOwl? Or
would it be possible to add this in a future version?

I use RSSOwl both on my desktop pc and my laptop, so sometimes i add a
new feed (favorite) when i'm using my laptop and sometimes i do it when
using my desktop. It would be very nice if rssowl could simply
synchronize favorites of both owl's. I tried to export the favorites
from my laptop as an opml-file and to import them on my desktop but this
creates new favorites (with #1 added to their name) instead of simply
discarding the ones that where already there...

I believe you should be able to overwrite ~/.rssowl/user.xmlby copying it from
the desktop to the laptop, for instance. If you make changes in both sides and
do not synchronise often enough, you can then run 'diff'. Because of the nature
of XML, these should be very simple to merge, even automatically.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com