Re: DPI

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DPI
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 06:39:01 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 06:39:05 +0000
_____/ On Fri 04 Nov 2005 16:12:26 GMT, [Pablo Ortúzar] wrote : \_____

Hi,

I wonder if there's a way to change the DPIs I get when I do File/Export/PDF.
Does anyone know the default value?

Thanks!
--
Pablo Ortúzar

I may be hasty to reply, but everything in the PDF is composed of vector graphics, thus DPI depends on your printer or the software which sends a PDF to the printer. If, however, some of your graphics are not vectorised, you may experience unwanted artefacts or coarse images when zooming in. This can be corrected by editing the images and making them larger (not just scaling up, but possibly re-genrerating them).

Then  again, there is also the issue of graphics compression and I suspect
there are options that enable you to modify default settings.

* Edit -> Preferences... -> Converters

* See which command you typically use to generate your PDF's (there are
various
routes)

* See the manual pages of the command/s involved, e.g. man pdflatex

* Change the default commands under Edit -> Preferences... -> Converters

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com