Re: Embedded browser in preview pane in 1.2 on Linux?

__/ On Tue 08 Nov 2005 08:49:40 GMT, [Nicola -kOoLiNuS- Losito] wrote : \___

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Have a look at:
http://www.rssowl.org/help?PHPSESSID=6446b6de59a9ae29d0ddfcbd9741e0ce#item_4 and

http://www.rssowl.org/help#item_13

<snippet>

A supported version of Mozilla must be installed (1.4 GTK2 or above 1.4).

Set the environment variable MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla installation
folder, e.g.

setenv MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME /usr/lib/mozilla

This command in not availabre in a bash shell on SuSE 10.0 like I've said on #rssowl channel.
Alto the export procedure described there doesn't seem to have any effect.
I've got java 1.5.something and Mozilla provided by SUSE .... plz take also note that I can't see the internal browser option available for selection also in Eclipse ...

I've unluckily asked for help on (open)SuSE mailing list but I got no help.
By tomorrow, howerever, i will reinstall my box and i'll keep an eye on java installation .... I think I did something and messed up my paths in some ways ... Thanks to you all !

I feel your pain. I suggest that another workaround is made available for embedded browsing. On a SuSE 8.2 machine (university):

roy@BAINE:~> setenv
bash: setenv: command not found

Logging on to SuSE 9.3 (home via SSH):

roy@linux:~> setenv
-bash: setenv: command not found

Logging on to Ubuntu (work via SSH):

roy@dialup:~ $ setenv
-bash: setenv: command not found

Logging on to Fedora Core 2 (Computer Science via SSH):

-bash-3.00$ setenv
-bash: setenv: command not found

I don't know about other distributions (this seems to have been tested in MDK).
It seems rather hard to browse feeds properly unless an external browser is
used. It is probably worth the extra effort. Slashdotters must be downloading
RSSOwl in large numbers after yesterday's post.

Best Wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com