Re: Removing header chapter

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Removing header chapter
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:45:53 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:45:56 +0000
_____/ On Wed 16 Nov 2005 16:36:05 GMT, [Adinda Praditya] wrote : \_____

Hi list,...

I don't know how to put my question. I use book class as most of
parameters meets my need. However, i'd like to remove chapter header.
Is it possible to do that? What should i put in preamble?

Thanks,

Adinda P

See a thread from November 14th titled "Chapters without headings...". Below
lies a snippet and a valuable link.

Hope it helps,

Roy

Caspar wrote:

hi,

this should be easy but it is beyond me.. i am working from the book
template and  am dividing my work into chapters but i don't want to
give them titles. i.e.

Chapter 1

rather than

Chapter 1
Some preliminaries

etc

at the moment i am just using a protected-break (command+space) but
this leaves me with a blank line i'd rather do without.

there must be another more elegant way to do this?

http://tug.org/TeXnik/mainFAQ.cgi?file=layouts/chapter

Herbert