Re: [wp-hackers] Import menu

On 11/19/05, Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Then again, in order to avoid clutter, maybe it's worth
> putting  it under "Manage" and then, throughout installation, clearly tell
> users something along the lines of:
>
> "If  you  already have a blog, the next step to follow might be  'Import'

Since the Dashboard is eminently useless on first install (it's not as
though you have comments to track, or care about WordPress development
news), why not put some kind of welcome message there?

if (!get_settings('show_welcome')
// show dashboard ...
else

This a quick mockup of what I mean, though presumably it would be
rewritten by someone who actually knows what users want. :)

<http://rephrase.net/miscellany/05/dashboard-welcome-mockup.html>