Re: Configuring toolbars to deal with layouts

_____/ On Fri 02 Dec 2005 19:21:50 GMT, [Paul A. Rubin] wrote : \_____

Stefano Franchi wrote:

On Dec 1, 2005, at 6:54 PM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

_____/ On Thu 01 Dec 2005 17:23:07 GMT, [Ernesto Posse] wrote : \_____

2) Are there keyboard shortcuts for layouts (environments)? Where
would I find those?

Ditto, but see comments below.

Actually there are. I believe the standard shortcut is M-p, which gives you a menu in the minibuffer, followed by a letter or number or letter plus modifier key. So M-p t, for example, select the Title environment, M-p s the standard one, M-p a is abstract, but M-p A (uppercase) is Author, etcetera. The shortcuts are linked to actual keys by the binding file, are editable and to a certain extent platform-specific. On my Mac, with aqua-bindings, for example, the shortcut for M-P is actually Option-P, which means that the title environment is Option-P, t . Other platforms may have other bindings. Look in the Customization manual (from the help menu), section 3.3 for more info on bindings.

Also, M-p followed by a space is the equivalent of clicking on the environment drop-down list, after which typing the first letter of the desired environment (repeatedly, if necessary) cycles through choices starting with that letter.

Paul

Thanks, guys.

I came to realise it only once your clarifications flowed in. By attempting to
answer somebody's question, I learned something new, as I frequently do in this
mailing list.

From now on, there will be no need to get hands off the keyboard. I guess it was
a matter of experience and familiarity with keyboard accelerators.