Re: [wp-hackers] When a ping is sent ?

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] When a ping is sent ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:14:56 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:14:58 +0000
_____/ On Sat 17 Dec 2005 10:02:32 GMT, [Podz] wrote : \_____

This is coming up a few times and we seem to not have a definitive
answer. Would someone mind ?

On publish, we know a ping is sent.
Save ?
Save and Continue ?
Editing a published post ?
Future publish (without the plugin) sends on Publish ?

I know what I think but there are contradictions going around.
Or if you could just say when and only when a ping is sent that would be
great. Thanks :)

P.

It has been possible to judge that based on trackbacks. In the list under "Already pinged:", nothing will appear until an item is published. In the past, whenever I added a trackback URL after publication, it was appended to the list, which implies pinging recurred. What I am not too sure about are scenarios where an item is republished within less than 5 minutes. Putting aside the fact that Ping-o-Matic has been down today/late yester- day, it generally disallows frequent pinging. "Slow down, Cowboy", it days. *smirk*

Hope it contributes,