Re: Setting Font

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Setting Font
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:40:43 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:40:45 +0100
_____/ On Fri 09 Sep 2005 09:07:37 BST, [s.vestli] wrote : \_____

> I seem to be unable to change the font. No matter ......
Are you unable to change screen fonts? Output/printout fonts? With the
cursor
over text with modified font/s, can you see an alterative font name in
the
status bar?

I am talking about the Output fonts. I have tried: Layout -> Document -> Layout -> Font & size (e.g. font to helvet) and Layout -> Document -> Preamble, inserted "\usepackage[scaled=0.92] {helvet}" and both above combined

Document class is "report".

Make sure you make a selection before choosing fonts and then press "Apply". If
you do not hit "Apply", no changes will be made. It is confusing, I would have
to admit, especially due to WYSIWYG habits.

How have you gone about changing fonts? Have you highlighted the text,
then
opened the Character menu, changed the fonts and applied changes to the
selection?

see above.

In your output, do you see high-resolution fonts?

The only thing I see in my output is (a rather nice) Times.

What font was chosen for the document in its entirety? Is it using the default
for "report", which may be "Times?

BTW, I cannot see any font names in the status bar.

I think this may be the cause of the problem. When placing the keyboard cursor
over text with modified fonts/size, the status bar should be accommodated with
a string, e.g. "Font: Helvetica".

Kind regards

Sjur J.
Vestli

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
10:30am  up 15 days 12:22,  3 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.07, 1.18