Re: [wp-hackers] wordpress.com support?

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] wordpress.com support?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 03:24:45 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 03:24:46 +0000
_____/ On Fri 06 Jan 2006 02:54:05 GMT, [Mahangu Weerasinghe] wrote : \_____

Was just wondering - would the creation of a new irc channel be good
at this time? Something like #wordpress.com ? Maybe there could be a
java(eck! I know) IRC client on Wordpress.com that would let users ask
questions live?

I think one way wp.com can really shine is by providing good support,
and since #wordpress focuses more on supporting the actualy wp code,
shouldn't there be another channel to sort out problems like "How can
I edit my themes?".

Over the past few weeks I've seen such questions asked in #wordpress
and found it to be sort of off-topic for the channel. Or maybe it's
just me.

Thoughts, anyone?

Nothing prevents you from initiating activity in that channel, but I sup- pose you seek to 'advertise' its existence. There are support forums for Wordpress.com, but they are in beta and currently inaccessible. I guess patience is a virtue here.

Best wishes,