Re: [wp-hackers] top-posting info

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

_____/ On Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:19:04 GMT, [David House] wrote : \_____

On 06/01/06, Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe that a better solution would be to send a message periodically to state some guidelines. This can be automated. It's very common among newsgroups and in /large/ mailing lists it is often necessary and is less distracting. It also adds little 'noise' to the archives.

Mailman already sends a password reminder on the first of every month, could we tack it onto the end of that?

People can opt out of monthly password reminders. It is a per-user option, which can be altered by the subscriber. I can't find anywhere in the panel where the message can be changed. It might be worth setting up a monthly E-mail job which is directed at the list.

Overall I think a monthly reminder will just get ignored or discarded, and might even confuse users who aren't used to such emails on email lists. They will assume it is something administrative/technical and disgard it.

john
--
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org