Re: [wp-testers] Upload Field Is Not UTF-8

_____/ On Sat 14 Jan 2006 21:37:05 GMT, [Roy Schestowitz] wrote : \_____

_____/ On Sat 14 Jan 2006 20:59:53 GMT, [Leo Li] wrote : \_____

Howdy all,

I have this strange problem which doesn't affect much when use, but just
doesn't looks right. That field is encoded as GB2312 (Simplified Chinese)
while I set the whole wordpress encoded as UTF-8. So the upload field shows
whole bunch of mojibake, lol...

Any ideas? Or it's my host's problem?

--
<?php
echo "This is from Leo Li";

Hi Leo,

In the latest build, I have looked under inline-uploading.php and there is
nothing suspicious therein. Which browser are you using? What charset is it
set to use? What is your Web site's URL (if public)? I can attempt to
reproduce the error or view yours from here, assuming you can save the
panel as a static page and post it as public. I also wonder what
blog_charset is assigned to. Everything is either UTF-8 or user-customised.

roy@BAINE:~/public_html/wordpress> fgrep -r "encoding" *
wp-admin/import/blogger.php: 'blog-formatting' =>
array('timeStampFormat' => '0', 'encoding'=>'UTF-8',
'convertLineBreaks'=>

[...]

[off-list correspondence]

Thanks, Leo.