Re: [GUG] Shrinking pictures and retaining quality

Thanks everyone. My problem in the past has been that shrinking an image to a size that small it wouldn't print very well. Maybe it was the resolution settings. I am not really sure. I'll piddle with it some and see what happens. I may have to use the nice printer at work. ;-)

Thanks again.

From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gug@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [GUG] Shrinking pictures and retaining quality
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:11:09 +0000

_____/ On Sun 15 Jan 2006 20:16:07 GMT, [The Digital Pioneer] wrote : \_____

On 1/15/06, Darcy Farris <dfarris75@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How can I shrink a picture to a tiny size for a locket and retain a quality print?

Why can't you just use the scale tool? What does it do that you don't like?

If you produce this for a locket, then what you first need is a quality printer. To send a picture that is not lossy to the printer, you might wish to save the image as a bitmap, having resized it as TDP suggested. Depending on the software you use for printing (and/or the platform), you might not need to resize the image. Still, you need to provide more de- tails for advice to be helpful.

Best wishes,