Re: [wp-hackers] Link Category Management

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Link Category Management
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 05:12:47 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 05:12:49 +0000
_____/ On Sat 21 Jan 2006 18:58:22 GMT, [Shane Brady] wrote : \_____

Hello all,

My name is Shane Brady, and I've been using Wordpress for the last
year to manage my blogs, and it's always been an outstanding piece of
software.  However, one feature I feel is missing, is Link Category
management.  It's something my girlfriend uses a lot.  I plan to
develop it for Wordpress 2.0 for my own use at least, and if it seems
interesting, I'd like to know what people think of doing it as a patch
versus plugin.

Thank you,

Regards,

Shane P. Brady

Hi Shane,

Quite frankly, I am confused. what is is that you believe is missing from
Link Category Management? Will it be valuable to all users and to what
extent will it add clutter and lead to bafflement? Are you attempting
hierarchical link categories, much like post categories? Easier 'batch
mode' alternation of categories? Import/export? I believe some basic
(existing) functionality has evaded your attention, so better explore
before extending.

Best wishes,