Re: [wp-hackers] Dashboard performance

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Frankly,  I quite liked your idea of using <iframe> or <object> to isolate
feeds.  The entry to the dashboard can otherwise become slow and very much
a  'necessary evil' to those of us who don't work around it. To say  more,
in  reference  to  another route down this thread,  the  proposed  AJAX/JS
solution  would  hinder  accessibility, so this seems  like  a  relatively
poorer  solution. A customisable dashboard (/a la/ Widgets) seems like  an
optimal solution to me (just my humble opinion).

An AJAX one would be super-easy with Prototype's Ajax.Updater.

http://www.sergiopereira.com/articles/prototype.js.html#Ajax.Updater

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com