Blogs Occasionally Show Up Without CSS

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Blogs Occasionally Show Up Without CSS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:18:23 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:18:26 +0000
Hey, folks. I have been having a mysterious problem with two WordPress blogs. It has gone on for a few weeks now. While the two blog reside on separate domains, they do share the same Web server (Apache 1.3.x).

Here's the issue: every once in a while, the stylesheets are not being delivered or used, leading to barebone pages appearing everywhere. Trying to access the admin panel at that stage surprisingly reveals that the admin is logged off (cookies don't expire). Logging in again seems to resolve the problem, globally. This behaviour recurs rather sporadically and since I have not changed the code recently, I suspect it /could/ be a server issue. Any idea what I ought to check? After weeks of attempting to resolve this problem I have run out of ideas. Many people are viewing ugly pages as a result and the problem does not seem to go away, either.

Many thanks for any advice you may have.