RE: [wp-hackers] Text ads in themes

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [wp-hackers] Text ads in themes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:43:40 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:43:42 +0100
___/ On Sun 10 Sep 2006 20:43:49 BST, [ Denis de Bernardy ] wrote : \___

had  you bothered, as well as De Bernardy selling  WordPress
(including  modification  of  plugins  without   re-release,
disclosure,  or collaboration with the original authors).  I

I'd like to correct that. I'm rather consistent at sharing my hacks and edits. I also report a bug now and then in the WP code base. Not to mention a few candidate security holes recently.

My apologies for the inaccuracies, Denis. I have been following this WordPress-related project and was merely using its memory to support exemplify cases of controversy -- those that stir the community up. If I recall correctly, everything was settled at the end and everyone was pleased. *smile*

In  general,  I  think  that any shakeup  in  any  community
(either  developer  community or users community)  paints  a
grim picture that makes a project's vocation seem uncertain.
In  accordance,  people choose software which  they  believe
will  have a long 'support rope'. That, for example, is  the
reason  for damaged reputation among the Debian team,  which
lost valued members and leaders. Character (or friction) was
a main drive, as opposed to technical issues [1].

Best wishes,

Roy

[1]  Setting  aside the cracked servers, one due to a  local
privilege  escalation vulnerability and the other was a Wiki
flaw that has nothing to do with the core of Debian.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E