Re: [wp-hackers] alternative database support

I put my hand up to add Oracle support when this discussion came up in March.
While I no longer need an Oracle port for work ('cause I'm resigning
tomorrow...*choke*), I am still keen to contribute; especially if the
goal is to use ADODB(.sourceforge.net) to add alternative DB support.
Between ADODB's automagic conversion of many MySQLisms to other syntax
and it's availability as a C extension, I still think it's the way to
go.

I didn't start on porting wpdb back in March because I wanted to wait
for the 2.1 branch to stabalize. Well, here we are. Who else is in?

-Andrew

On 10/8/06, Lloyd D Budd <lloydomattic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/7/06, Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, it's bound
> to become a serious  problem from  a political  and a technical point  of
> view.   I recently discussed  this  elsewhere,  also  in  the context  of
> WordPress < http://tinyurl.com/s7kbt >. The sooner people get choice,
> the better, IMHO. Transparency is among one of WP's selling points.
> *smile*

There is no conspiracy. Make it happen. Check in with the people that
previously volunteered. Co-ordinate the project.

I just don't get people talking about things and not making them
happen. You have to be the change you want to see in this world.

Steps:
1. Write the code
2. Make the code available
3. Have people test the code
4. If the code is ready, find people that find it useful
5. Rince
6. Repeat

http://leftjustified.net/
<layer src="ajax.shtml">I got your Web2.0 right here...</layer>