Re: [wp-hackers] WP.org in IE7

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] WP.org in IE7
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:15:38 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:15:41 +0100
___/ On Sat 14 Oct 2006 11:56:46 BST, [ petit ] wrote : \___

petit@xxxxxxxxxxxx: says:

Matt Mullenweg <m@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: says:

WordPress.org does super-funky things in IE7, with pages disappearing and jumping around when you hover over the menu.

I don't have easy access to IE7, do any CSS gurus have a few minutes to debug what we need to sacrifice to the IE7 demons?

I've seen the disappearing menues/Button on quite a few web sites. Ufortunately
I haven't had the resources to investigate what kind of menus/buttons it
happens to ( out of office :), but I'd think it is CSS gouverned widgets.

Even if Microsoft hides the fact a bit on their site, IE7 is a Release
candidate, and hopefully they will correct it before it gets to the official
release. It is too early to use the IE7 serously, I guess.

According to Eric Meyer, as of a few months ago, CSS behaviour won't change. It is, in that respect, feature complete (or incomplete, depending on your feelings about IE).

It might have something to do with this, albeit a bit old:
Disappearing floats
:http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/archives/2006/03/21/ie7-disappearing-float-bug/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com - GPL'd 3-D Othello