Re: [wp-hackers] WP-Hackers on Google Groups

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] WP-Hackers on Google Groups
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:32:01 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:32:05 +0100
___/ On Fri 20 Oct 2006 14:27:46 BST, [ Joey B ] wrote : \___

On 10/20/06, Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have just come across the following exotic island:

http://groups.google.com/group/wp-hackers?lnk=sg

I  realise that it's probably experimental, but as curiosity
strikes  I just wanted to know the intent of this. I  notice
that  there  is  a moderation queue on subscription  and  no
ability  to  post  (i.e.  read-only).  This  reminds  me  of
discussions  which  go  back  almost  2  years---those  that
revolved  around  opening  the  list to  other  channels  of
access.

The only other mailing list which I know registers itself as
a  Google group (as opposed to UseNet or Gmane) is the Horde
mailing list/s. Is this going to come live at some stage? Is
it  by any means backed by Automattic? Is it another  mirror
such as those mail2forum setups that led to some awkwardness
in the past (messages bouncing)?

<snip />

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-September/008273.html and http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-September/thread.html#8266 are probably relevant. I'm guessing that group was the offspring from that little "experiment."

Oops. This is the second time that I start a thread on a previously-discussed topic. I guess that the subject line wasn't informative enough at the time.

My bad...