Re: [spam-stopper] a new job for Akismet

  • To: spam-stopper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [spam-stopper] a new job for Akismet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <wp-lowtraffic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:13:14 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:13:15 +0100
___/ On Thu 19 Oct 2006 20:36:10 BST, [ Matt Mullenweg ] wrote : \___

André Neubauer wrote:
So, I thought about a new secure plugin. What about a "mail-form" using Akisment to validate the address, subject and content.

What do you think about my idea? Is there already a solution? It will take me few time to develop a prototype if someone could explain the interface to me. Is there a API?

I think that's a very good idea. Maybe contribute it as a patch to one of the existing and popular contact form plugins?

...Could maybe become a pluggable bit for existing plug-in/s? As opposed to an option? Somewhat of an abstraction layer/service? When I come to think about it the second time, this would be so lightweight and redundant, so I agree that making it a patch would be the right route. I guess that forking would be a bad idea, though I'm not sure if Mark's URL's point in that direction.

Who knows where it all goes...? Forum spam  eliminated  with
Akismet?  Subscription/profile spam?  Windows zombie spewage
(AKA E-mail spam)?

Best wishes,