Re: accessibility and usability

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:30:54 -0800, Leonard Blaisdell <leo@greatbasin.com> wrote:

In article <user-00DA80.06431801122004@news.euro.net>, Sander Tekelenburg
<user@domain.invalid> wrote:

To me that's just a subset of 'accessibility". When content is Flash- or
javascript- or CSS-dependant, it is inaccessible to browsing
environments that don't handle Flash or javascript or CSS. Equally, when
content is sight-dependant (like an image without a useful ALT
attribute), it is not accessible to people who can't see (and to
spiders).

Forgive me, but I have no idea how a site can be CSS dependant. I'm sure I'm out of my league here. I'm missing something as usual.

Just one example:

<h1>Shadows</h1>
<h1 class="shadow">Shadows</h1>

with CSS

div {position: relative;}
.shadow {position: absolute; top: 2px; left: -2px; color: #ccc;}