Re: Great place for grahics

  • Subject: Re: Great place for grahics
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:43:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Travis Newbury wrote:

> If anyone is interested.  Here is a really great place for stock photos.
> Over 100,000 of them, all completely free, and no restrictions on
> commercial usage. Packaged in a nice searchable database.
>
> I forget if you have to join or not, but it is free  (for the cost of an
> email address).  I have no affiliation with them (other than they have
> accepted about 30 of my photos)  If you need images for a site, then
> this is as good a place to look for them as any.

That's interesting. I could really use a source of this type, but isn't a
Web developer expected to have original content? I prefer to put borrowed
images and then acknowledge with a caption and a hyperlink. I am not sure
about the 'politics' of it all, especially on the Internet. Could someone
point me to a decent source on related etiquette?

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com