Schestowitz.com Home

Re: Removing palm software

Eamon Toman wrote:

> I am having problems with my Palm software and so I  am trying to remove
> it from by PC (Windows XP) so that I can do as clean reload. I have tried
> to do
> an uninstall in the usual way,  but do not seem to be able to get all the
> files off. Can somebody advise. Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
>
> Eamon

Move the entire /Palm (or whatever other name you chose for it) directory to
a different location on your hard-drive for back-up purposes. Uninstall
Palm Desktop. Force delete to all files remaining in /Palm (or maybe just
erase them manually). Install all the necessary software again. Set HotSync
Manager to overwrite desktop and if you still can't get your Palm to revert
to its old state, try shifting and overwriting relevant data files with
your back-up.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com