Schestowitz.com Home

PocketPC is crap for PIM... pure crap!

  • Subject: PocketPC is crap for PIM... pure crap!
  • From: mnhenley@msn.com (Mike Henley)
  • Date: 7 Oct 2004 23:13:22 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
Someone posted this on on the PocketPC newsgroup
http://tinyurl.com/4mv9q complaining that his 4 month old pocketpc
"keeps losing time (hours a
day, although not always consistently)", which reminded me that I
noticed a similar problem a while ago with my pocketpc, but with the
plethora of other things (such as losing **data**, appointments
failing to alert/alarm me, the moody and temperamental activesync, me
needing to wake up the ipaq out of its frozen stupor when it should've
woken me up!) it seemed like a relatively trivial thing that I didn't
bother to go into at the time.

So reminded by this I looked at my pocketpc, now that I have owned it
for almost 8 months, many of which I spent hassling with it, or
hatefully putting it in the drawer and relying on a trusty palm, and
although I activesynced just a few hours ago, it was already 43
minutes behind my desktop time!

The standard answers on the pocketpc groups is to usually blame a
third party app or hardware. This guy said that he had "No 3rd party
apps.  ALL of the obvious things have been checked... I reset my iPaq
2-3 times daily...".

Once the T5 goes on sale, I'll jump back to the palm camp. I had
enough of this crap. Never, never, never pocketpc again for me.