Schestowitz.com Home

Re: another div question!

  • Subject: Re: another div question!
  • From: Toby Inkster <usenet200410@tobyinkster.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 08:58:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
King of Red Lions wrote:

> Is it possible to make a div transparent so you can see the image
> behind it and colour the background of it so it makes a kind of tinted
> effect?

brucie's answer was good, but it's probably overkill if you "only" want a
tinted effect.

If you want a tinted effect then you should be able to create a
checker-board effect GIF file:

CTCTCTCTCTCT
TCTCTCTCTCTC
CTCTCTCTCTCT
TCTCTCTCTCTC
CTCTCTCTCTCT
TCTCTCTCTCTC

where the T pixels are transparent and the C pixels are your colour.

Then set that GIF to be the background image.

See examples 2 and 3 on this page:
http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/translucency/example

Though also read example 1.

For a practical demonstration of the effect, visit my site (URL in sig) in
a decent browser (e.g. Opera or Mozilla) and choose one of these style
sheets from the drop down menu: Purple Flower, Red Flower, Saturn, Wheat.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me  ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact