Re: Laptop Hard-drive Problem

Dorothy Bradbury wrote:

>> The HDD has now failed to work for nearly 24 hours. Its condition
>> exacerbates because I now fail to even get that 'slow rotation'. It
>> remains quiet at the start and then makes some knuckle-like noises.
>
> Sounds like it has failed completely.

Later that day the hard-drive worked again so I just never switch off the
computer. In the mean time, I ordered another drive from eBay.

>> I will buy a new one later today.
>> Luckily I backed up all my files on August 30th.
>
> Which is a happy ending -> you did have a recent backup :-)
> Check the warranty on the old drive - it may be under it.

Is the warranty supplied by the seller (in which case I believe I have
none), by IBM or by the seller through IBM?

Thanks in advance,

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com