Re: Can someone please tell me what PR they are seeing for this site

  • Subject: Re: Can someone please tell me what PR they are seeing for this site
  • From: Paul Burke <webmaster@houstoncrafts.com>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:19:28 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:08:46 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Paul Burke wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 03:30:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>>>I am seeing PR3 over here, but I am using the Mozilla Google bar. I don't
>>>think this should make a difference though. It uses the same API and the
>>>same sources of information. Have you made sure you are at the very root
>>>of the site. Close and re-open your browser and see if that makes a
>>>difference. Sometimes the PR indicator goes wild and re-opening of a tab
>>>causes change.
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> Hi Roy
>> I was just looking at your site. It looks nice and clean :)
>> I did notice that you have you css in the code rather than a css file,
>> and your page doesn't validate
>> http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A%2F....
>> HTH
>>
>> Take care
>> plh
>> Paul
>
>Thanks Paul. I appreciate your opinion very much.

Thank you Roy. :)

>When validating, I never turned to anything else but w3.org; that's the one
>I point to from my pages. There are other stricter validators like 508, but
>one validators to wrestle with is enough for me. *smile*

No worries. I wasn't picking holes, just giving the HU :)
I also use "a real validator" its not perfect, but is great for
offline and can handle 1000's of pages rather than the max of 100 like
the online tools.

>I include the CSS inside the file for the simple reason that it is not used
>elsewhere. It speeds things up and makes the page more self-contained.

I would have thought that even though if used on one page or a 1000
pages, it would still make it load quicker ......... you know how
important those milliseconds are <G>

>Roy

Take care
plh