Re: switched from gnome--have some questions

  • Subject: Re: switched from gnome--have some questions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:12:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
les ander wrote:

> Hi I am using fedora 3 and have switched from gnome to kde.
> I have few questions and would appreciate some help.
> One thing that I miss the most gdesklets (clock and system monitors)
> and the panel applets such as "System Monitor". There is a system
> monitor in kde but it is only gives the current load...i like the
> gnomes system monitor that gives the whole history with the bar graphs
> as an applet.
> What are the kde equivalents of this?
> thanks

Depending on your distribution, you might be able to find:

System -> Info -> KSim

(or just 'ksim' in the command line)

There are even nicer system monitors like Karamba, which I found out about
very recently.

Roy

PS - While on the subject of ksim, I use KDE 3.1 and there is an obnoxious
bug with ksim. The size of it can only be extended, but never shrunk. Is it
just me? Can anyone check to confirm? Increasing window width and then
decreasing it...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com