Re: Chin up bar idea ...

  • Subject: Re: Chin up bar idea ...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:08:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.fitness.weights
Young Man wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here's a crude ascii diagram of a DIY chin up bar I've come up with:
>
>   _____    Metal bar on top
>   |         |
>   |         |    Two pieces of timber
> _|_     _|_  Wood set in concrete tire base
>
> What do you think of this plan? Do you think the unit will be solid and
> stable enough for doing chin ups?

It depends on many factors. How stable/heavy is the tire base? How would you
connect the pieces? How much you weigh and how you perform the exercise
will have an impact too...

> Your thoughts or any other simple alternative designs?

How about these chin-up bars which you stick between the two sides of a
door's lintel? Some of them are pretty long-lasting. Other will cause
damage to the doorway and walls...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com