Re: Linux command to delete all index.htm file

  • Subject: Re: Linux command to delete all index.htm file
  • From: Toby Inkster <usenet200504@tobyinkster.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:43:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Toby Inkster wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> -r will not decent to higher-level (parent) diretories
>
> Dammit, typo... "descent".

I let it slide the first time, but if we're going to be picky, you
were after "descend", though I think "ascend" may be more appropriate.

>> rm -rf .*
>> Ouch!
>
> Ouch indeed. I hope you had backups.

I had backups of the contents of everybody's home directories, but much of
the rest of the system was hosed before I realised what was happening
and hit Ctrl+C. (I ran this command as root, I forgot to mention!) Needed
to reinstall and then restore the home directories.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me  ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact