Re: Scaling IMG

Toby Inkster wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> One could argue that a better environment should intergrate Web design
>> with graphical design.
>
> Why? Why not integrate a web design tool with a relational database
> management system instead? Or with a document version management tool?
> Either would make just as much sense.

I think that when you take this too literally, then yes, it does not make
sense. What I suggested was closer coupling. For example, a Web browser or
server-side functionality that can re-size images and smooth them (for
better appearance). This can save Webspace and bandwidth at the expense of
computational power.

Here is another example: You mentioned version management tool. What about
CVS-managed projects that then have, let us say, doxygen generated and
uploaded onto a Web server. Would a Wiki with some extra functionality be
better? No generation of pages and no upload is involved...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com