Re: Anyone use PGP?

  • Subject: Re: Anyone use PGP?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 05:41:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
Jock. wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2005 23:42:00 -0700, "Jack Ouzzi" <jack.ouzzi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone use the Pretty Good Privacy freeware (or other) to exchange
>>secure e-mails and the like. I'm just getting into PC security and
>>Cryptography (no yawning anyone) and my jaw is still scraping the
>>ground about how 'OPEN' and exposed we all are !!
>
> PGP's fine and perfectly secure, but the problem is that you
> can only communicate securely with other PGP users.

That's exactly the point. Most people to whom I send signed messages are
Windows/Office users. To them PGP is just clutter and it must appear as if
I try to educate them, which is bad.

E-mail messages are highly exposed. However, you must ask yourself: will
anyone have an /interest/ in them? What is there to lose? A hijacked Web
site? A profitable patent?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com