Re: 1st Page Google in 1 week?

  • Subject: Re: 1st Page Google in 1 week?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:10:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
mark | r wrote:

> "Don" <smidon@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 28 Apr 2005 info wrote in alt.internet.search-engines
>>

>> > I have been in contact with someone who claims that they can get my
>> > website on the first page of Google results for our keywords in one
>> > week for $1000.
>>
>> Tell them they have a deal but they get their $1000 only after they get
> you
>> in the top 10 on Google in one week and keep you there for at least 6
> months.
>>
>> --
>> Don
>
> this needs explaining - google gives new sites an artificially high
> placement for a short period of time then promptly hides it away from view
> so £1000 is a lot to pay for something google does anyway
> mark

http://www.yahoo-store-builder.com/News/new_google.htm

"Google favors new sites found in this manner so well that they often climb
the rankings rapidly, at least for a while.  Google seems to give a boost
to sites that it finds through these backward links for about a week or
two.  Then, you're site might disappear while the Google Master Computer
chews on all of the new data it receives.  Then, after a time, your site's
ranking will slowly stabilize.  And if you've done it right, you'll end up
sitting pretty."

That someone you have been in contact with must be exploiting this
observation.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com