Re: zire 31 and Tungsten E

  • Subject: Re: zire 31 and Tungsten E
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 03:57:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
M. Smile wrote:

> Simple question:
> Does a battery charge last longer with a Zire 31 than with a Tungsten E?

If you are talking about a full (from empty to full) battery charge, then I
imagine that the answer would be no. I imagine that the Tungsten E has got
higher battery capacity, but only a person conducting benchmarks or owning
both devices _and_ experimenting with both can provide an answer.

> I would assume so because of the smaller STN LCD but... there is the
> faster processor!!!
>
> M.S.

The processor is not related to the speed of charge. I believe that all
power supplies are merely the same in terms of capacity. So, maybe your
question was intended to be: "if I used the two devices for the same time
duration running identical processes, which one would drain faster?"

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com