Re: Yahoo updating IBLs

  • Subject: Re: Yahoo updating IBLs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:56:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Paul Burke wrote:

> Yahoo has been updating their IBLs overnight.
> Big jumps for mine. One shows 10800 and the other 18700
>
> plh
> Paul

I never realised that Yahoo 'pick up' so many links successfully. I have
just done a quick checked and it stands at quite a high level, with just
about any conceivable link included among the results.

This sure is something for Google and Technorati to envy. I think they pick
up links selectively, but nevertheless, they make it hard for the user to
see who links to his/her site/s.

Any clue about Yahoo's IBL update cycles? To what extent are their search
results affected by # of IBL's?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com