Re: gps software for Palm tungstn E

  • Subject: Re: gps software for Palm tungstn E
  • From: Victor Roberts <xxx@lighting-research.com>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:16:14 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
  • Sender: vdr2@user-10mt15d.cable.mindspring.com
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 15:23:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Victor Roberts wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:50:03 GMT, "albert"
>> <alberto_sarti@tin.it> wrote:
>>
>>>i'm looking for buy any software to navigate GPS in my Palm tungsten E.
>>>Somebody sell it?
>>>Greetings ,Alberto / Italy
>>
>> Software is not the issue, a lack of a serial port is
>> usually the problem. How do you plan to connect a GPS to the
>> Tungsten E?
>
>In attempt to answer your question, I have done a quick search on the Web
>earlier on. It appears as if the T3 and T5 are the main devices which can
>be used with TomTom, a piece of software that benefits if not merely
>depends on GPS technology.
>
>I do not know about GPS support on its own though. I imagine you would have
>a hard time adding it on. No message or page I could found contained the
>'Tungsten E' and 'GPS' with a tight connection.
>
>Roy

I have a T|C use a GPS that connects to the universal
connector on the T|C and uses the serial port function that
is available through that port. I also have a T|E and that
same software would run on the T|E, but it could not talk to
a GPS since the T|E does not have a serial port. However, I
see that someone else has found a GPS that is specially
designed to use the connector that is available on the T|E.

--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.