Re: ctrl-alt-del is logging me out of KDE

  • Subject: Re: ctrl-alt-del is logging me out of KDE
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:05:25 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.os.linux.suse
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse, comp.windows.x.kde
Andy Fraser wrote:

> In comp.windows.x.kde, Roy Schestowitz uttered the immortal words:
>
>>> what behaviour do you want it to have?
>
>> The OP might want to have the choice to restart, shut down or log off. I
>> know I do...
>
> I just found an option in KControl -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard
> Shortcuts in the Global Shortcuts tab then scroll down to Desktop. I'm
> using KDE 3.4.1 on a Gentoo system and haven't changed any shortcuts so
> offering a choice looks like the default in vanilla KDE.
> CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+DEL is log off without confirmation on my system.
>
> I didn't even know you could do that and I've been using KDE for years.
> You learn something new every day. :-)
>
>> Something tells me that I once passed by the option in question while
>> 'touring' YaST2. I couldn't find it again as I checked as hour ago, but I
>> suspect it exists somewhere.
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if SuSE had buggered about with things. It would
> be strange for the KDE devs to have changed this shortcut between 3.4.1
> and 3.4.2. I could just be using old shortcuts from 3.3.0 though, the
> version I was running when I set this box up.

KControl -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts is exactly where
I was looking before posting my previous message, yet I failed to spot that
separation between "with/without confirmation". It exists in KDE 3.1 here,
so it is very unlikely to have changed in subsequent versions.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com