Re: Microsoft Outlook in Linux?

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Outlook in Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:19:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
houghi wrote:

> Henk Oegema wrote:
>> When I migrate from WindowsXP to Linux (SuSe9.3) can I convert (or read)
>> my archived Microsoft Outlook e-mails?
>> If so, which program should be able to do that?
>
> Oulook, or Outlook Express? (and what was the extention again?)

I now realise that the subject line says Outlook and the body says Outlook
Express. The two are as much alike and Car and Carpet.

The extension in Outlook Express is PST and in Outlook it's MBOX... no, just
kidding... it's MBX, I think, which means it contains a lot of proprietary.
I think it varies depending on the versions. The last Windows mail
application that I used was OE5.