Re: Resize more photos at the same time

Joal Heagney wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> komischerfogel@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>>>hi,
>>>
>>>i have a 1000 of 1600x1200 px jpeg files and i want them in 130x97 px
>>>and in 450x338 px jpeg files. How to do it? I just dont to resize each
>>>photo single.
>>>
>>>Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>>Joachim Redies
>>

>> I think you would be better off using command-line tools.
>>
>> I have just done a quick yet comprehensive check for you. There is a tool
>> with a user interface that will achieve the same effect and I can confirm
>> that it works well. That tool is Pixie Plus (maybe available for your
>> platform too, buy you use Google Groups so I can't tell). It allows to
>> apply many different operations in 'batch mode', i.e. apply to entire
>> directory, selection of files etc. Rescale is one of the most basic
>> effects/transformations.
>>
>> Roy
>
> Other programs include ImageMagick for Linux

I suspect that Pixie Plus uses ImageMagick underneath for the task which I
mentioned. it wraps it in a GUI though.

> , and I've heard plenty of
> people suggest UrfanView for Microsoft.
>
> Joal

I once used Irfanview to generate icon files that are compatible with the
Web (favicon.ico). It was a very light program, maybe 1.5. MB so I don't
imagine it's extremely powerful. Maybe it has grown.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com