Re: Google Adsense problem

Benjamin Niemann wrote:

> Bush is a Fascist wrote:
>

>> I keep noticing in my Google Adsense reports
>> that for some reason, clicks at even the same website
>> aren't valued the same on a day by day basis.
>>
>> I have one website where the other day, 7 clicks
>> were worth $1, and then yesterday 2 clicks were
>> worth that.
>>
>> Is Google maybe not playing fairly? My guess is that
>> they have a certain amount they want to pay, and they
>> change the eCPM rating on the fly to meet that number.
>>
>> What do you all think?
>
> Different ads have different 'values', depending on how much the
> advertiser is willing to pay per click. From what I have read, some
> keywords are worth more than $10 per click... It's just a matter of supply
> and demand.

I think it's just under $10. The range used to be 5 cents to 5 dollars with
some exceptions like the Webmaster clicking his/her own ads or IP address
in his/her vicinity. I don't know if the policies have significantly
changed in the past year (which is when I last had a glance). Either way, I
have seen very few ads that pay over a dollar or two. It depends greatly on
the nature of your site, but 20 cents seems to be common...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com