Re: Running Firefox as default browser in KDE 3.2

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Syd Hancock wrote:
>
>> Doug Laidlaw wrote:

>>> Thanks Syd.  While Roy's solution would enable me to launch
>>> Firefox from particular applications, I doubt whether it would
>>> cure the saving to /tmp/. The obvious thing is to apply both.
>>>
>>> Doug.
>>
>> You're welcome. Deselecting the 'Launch Feedback' definitely
>> makes the whole thing function more smoothly. Other than that
>> Roy and I are basically suggesting the same thing although I
>> haven't  needed to set defaults for Kmail or Knode separately
>> once Firefox is set as a KDE default - this may vary according
>> to the version of KDE as I notice Roy mentioned an earlier
>> version. Anyway, try it all out and see what works for you.
>
> Yes, in my rusty version of KDE the browser binary gets input separately
> in each application. In fact, under all major Internet applications that I
> use (formerly KMail, KNode and RSSOwl), the extrenal browser needs it path
> specified. There is looser integration, that's all.
>
> Roy

What Ireally want is to open pages directly in the browser, rather than save
them to /tmp first.  From there, links don't work.  I may even reinstall
Mozilla and accept the security risk.

Doug.
--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets