Re: Mail sync - Evolution and Outlook

central77 wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:31:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> To keep mail synchronised I use to be access everything using POP3 and
>> not erase messages from the server. To avoid accumulation of too many
>> messages, I ensures that both machines were up-to-date with respect to
>> the server and then popped (empties) the stack on one machine so that 0
>> messages remained on the server.
>>
>> As soon as around 50 messages piled up, I would 'pop'. As for outgoing
>> mail, you will need to send a BCC to yourself, which you can configure as
>> an automatic routines in modern mail clients. You then need to set up a
>> filter on one of the machines (the other one). Such a filter would move
>> all messages sent from you to the "Sent items" folder and ensure they are
>> marked as "Read".
>>

> Yep, thats pretty much how I have been using things up to now - I just
> cant help thinking that with all this technology in front of me, I cant
> come up with a solution that doesnt rely on me fiddling about with config
> settings all the time. Aside from which, if I got this going, I'd be able
> to poke fun at people who have paid for Exchange server:)

Well, speaking of Exchange, I started to work a little more with Horde in
oder to prevent complications. The new versions are extremely easy (and
fast) to use and everything you need is fully-supported, even PGP.
Moreover, I stopped checking mail at home. It was a nuisance anyway. My
goal has become to receive as little E-mail as possible.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com