Re: ICANN for Spam

Davémon wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> If you find automatically-generated sites like that, be sure to spend 30
>> seconds filling out the form, thus discouraging Webmasters from using
>> these dirty techniques.
>
> Or you could perhaps use Lycos or Yahoo instead, thereby convincing
> Google that they don't own the internet and have to improve their
> service in order to get people to use it. Create some competition and
> they *might* actually change their algos?

I thought about it, but I would argue Yahoo need to improve their crawlers
before worrying about returning more decent results. They still fail at
doing the basics, which to me gives the impression that they have no
potential for ever becoming big. Perhaps an impartial body should be formed
to deal with complaints about spam... something like ICANN: (I)nternet
(C)orporation for (A)nnihilating (N)avigation (N)onsense.